In the exact center of Italy, on the border between Tuscany and Umbria, on top of a hill, surrounded by green areas and tall trees, stands the ancient village of Salci, located just 3 km from the Fabro highway exit (A1). On the adjacent hill we find the Castle and the chalet. The whole property develops for a total of about 6.700 square meters. The first historic news about Rocca di Salci dates back to the year 1243 when the emperor Federico II established the boundaries of the territory of Città della Pieve in an edict. In 1563 the Dukedom of Salci was created and it remained so until the unification of Italy. From 1989 to 1991 the structural renovation of part of the buildings of the Borgo was carried out in compliance with the original history and architecture which led to winning the CEE prize "Soutien a des projets pilotes de conservation et de promotion du patrimoine architectural communautaire". The property presents itself with all the charm of a historic residence in which art, beauty and tradition bring back traces and memories of distant times. Buying a historic residence means reliving a piece of history and getting in touch with its uniqueness which, thanks to the hilly environment on which it is located, enjoys a splendid view of the surrounding countryside. The property offers also 43 ha of land.
Listed by Coldwell Banker Gruppo Bodini