In the heart of the beautiful town of Civita Castellana, just 50 km from the centre of Rome, we present this beautiful historic house of about 2500 square meters built and arranged on several levels, surrounded by lovely gardens. The palace was designed by Battista da Sangallo, brother of Antonio da Sangallo the Younger, Andrea da Firenzuola and Benedetto Torchiarino in 1544.La property is spread over three floors divided by a marble frame, and has two portals, on each of which the coats of arms of the illustrious owners who have succeeded each other over time are still visible. It housed prominent figures such as Queen Mary Clementina Sobiesky of England and King Charles IV with his wife Maria Luisa during their exile. On the ground floor is the representative area with the exclusive halls and the hall of arms, carefully restored in 2016 with valuable materials. Several exits lead to the magnificent garden of about 1500 square meters. This plan has internal and external services, suitable for the conduct of events and accommodation activities. At piano Nobile, antique furniture, paintings and coffered ceilings transport us back in time to the exclusive representative lounge from which you can access the various private dependencies of the property. The property is completed on the top floor, which includes the premises intended for the time for servitude and the basement in which we find the large rooms with vaulted ceilings and excavated in tuff in use as a cellar. This magnificent abode represents for those who buy it a step in history, a pleasant feeling to live every day.
Listed by Coldwell Banker BODINI INTERNATIONAL REAL ESTATE